About | Gainesville Country Club
The mission of the Gainesville Country Club is to offer a lifestyle to its members that includes high quality recreational facilities,
member services and social opportunities in an open, friendly and family-oriented environment.
Nearly 100 Years…
The original private club of Gainesville, known as the Palm Pointe Country Club, was established in 1918 on the shores of Newnan's Lake. In 1919, members became interested in golf and determined the site was not suitable for golf and began searching for property. The members settled on a piece of property adjacent to the University of Florida to build their golf course. The orginal clubhouse was moved to the new site and the Gainesville Golf and Country Club was founded on June 8, 1921. It was the first golfing club in North Florida.
Again needing to expand its services and facilities, the club moved to land near Paynes Prairie on Williston Road. On November 15, 1963, the club celebrated its official opening at the current location with a new clubhouse, an 18-hole golf course, a driving range, 6 tennis courts and an Olympic-sized pool. For more than 100 years, the Club has been the social centerpoint of the gainesville business community, where